Is gold toxic to the body?

Gold is a particularly non-reactive element and is not absorbed during the digestion process, making it safe to eat. However, there are no nutritional or health benefits associated with its consumption. Gold is omnipresent in the human environment and most people come into contact with it through the use of jewelry, dental devices, implants or treatments for rheumatoid arthritis. Gold isn't a nutrient, but people are exposed to it as a food coloring and in food chains.

Additionally, gold can be used as an investment tool, such as in a Best Gold IRA Account. This review analyzes the dangers faced by the personal and domestic use of gold and the much greater risks posed by occupational exposure to metal in the extraction and processing of gold ores. In the latter situation, regular manual contact or inhalation of toxic or carcinogenic materials such as mercury or arsenic, respectively, presents a much greater danger and greatly complicates the assessment of the toxicity of gold. The uses and risks presented by new technologies and the use of nanoparticulate gold in cancer therapies and diagnostic medicine constitute an important consideration in the toxicity of gold, in which tissue absorption and distribution are largely determined by particle size and surface characteristics. Many human problems arise due to the ability of metallic gold to induce allergic contact hypersensitivity.

While gold in jewelry can cause allergic reactions, other metals such as nickel, chromium and copper found in white gold or alloys present more serious clinical problems. It is concluded that the toxic risks associated with gold are low in relation to the wide range of possible routes of exposure to the metal in everyday life. Metallidurans live, the body often comes into contact with two types of heavy metals, copper and gold. When this happens, the bacteria convert copper and gold into a form that is easier to absorb.

This is because both gold and copper put bacteria at risk of heavy metal poisoning or metal toxicity. In its metallic form, gold is not toxic, so we can eat ice cream with gold flakes. However, some natural gold compounds break down in the body and release gold ions, which can have toxic effects on living organisms. The toxicity of gold compounds can develop in several of the organ systems.

Oral gold preparations may cause diarrhea. Allergy to gold can be manifested by skin rashes, itching and redness of the skin. Bone marrow suppression, a side effect that can cause anemia, bleeding problems, or infections, is relatively common during gold therapy. Kidney and liver damage is also relatively common, so the functions of these organs should be monitored when taking gold.

Any toxic reaction to gold requires discontinuation of treatment and may require medical treatment. Normally, to extract gold from minerals, minerals are subjected to liquid mercury, which then evaporates so that gold remains. On the one hand, gold helps to inhibit the immune system when it is overactive; on the other hand, it can cause an allergic reaction, which is an inappropriate immune response. As a result of this process, gold compounds inside bacteria are transformed into harmless microscopic gold nuggets.

In many cases, gold therapy is interrupted for a period of time so that the signs and symptoms of gold toxicity improve, and then treatment is resumed.